Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Cyprus: The place where hospitality has a different meaning.


Petra tou Romiou (Rock of the Greek), also known as Aphrodite's Rock

After finishing the amazing celebrations of #winelover Day here in Cyprus, I started thinking about it… and I’ll try to put my thoughts into a few words…

For a long time I thought that the Greeks were the best hosts of the planet. I was always received with open arms and people couldn’t have been nicer to me. Or so I thought. After coming to Cyprus, I found that it can actually be done. The Cypriots take the art of hosting people to a different level. Some people that I just met treated like I was a part of their family. I’m not saying that I don’t think that Greece is not great anymore. I do!

What I am saying is that Cyprus manages miraculously to do it better. Even if only slightly, there’s a clear thought in my head (or better, an intense feeling in my heart) that people will go above and beyond to make me feel loved here.


Alice Aristi Anastasiou, #winelover, #foodlover, and #LifeLover

I couldn’t think of a better way of delivering this message than with a picture of Alice. This passionate #winelover, #foodlover, and #Lifelover couldn’t be a better representation of how Cyprus receives you with open arms and hearts. She is an amazing ambassador to her country and now I understand why she wanted us so much to come and see all the love and care that her people have to share.

Thank you so much for making me feel like I am at home with friends in your country, my dear Cypriot friends. This was my first visit, but I promise you this is not going to be the last. 

Yamas!!!
Luiz Alberto
  • Master of Wine candidate
  • Member of the Circle of Wine Writers
  • Italian Wine Ambassador
  • I combine my passion for wine with social media

No comments:

40 Years of Winemaking at Russian River Valleys Sonoma-Cutrer by Philip S. Kampe

 Innovation in Winemaking at Sonoma-Cutrer began forty years ago. The focus has always been innovation for this Russian River Valley winery....